Friday, May 29, 2009

Resting before the big week...

I am taking the last few days off to rest as I have developed a nasty cold/sinus infection/whatever. I have to say I am not the least bit happy with the Patrizzi catalog. In addition to not using using some of the insight I provided on certain lots, many of the photographs are not really allowing said items to shine. There are many things I need to get straightened out with them before I "jump on board". I don't know. it just seems there is a conflict of interest in that auction houses need to sell stuff but I am a real nit picky person who looks at descriptions and EXPECTS to get all the relevant information before i place a bid. I know I am being kind of hard but I guess that is just me. Lot 200 is a pointed gilt 5512 which I specifically mentioned that they need to note the "underline" dial, and sure enough, the catalog does not even mention it. In addition, it says the watch is from 1967 with an 8xxxxx serial number. Geez. Also, the picture is so bad you can barely make out it has an underline so where is this watch going?
Lot 264 is my 16550 w/rail dial, which is not mentioned. My Tudor Saudi w/box and papers does not show the box which has a rare Saudi plastic seal. Little things which would really make certain watches pop that are not mentioned.
I have to say, the jury is out on all this. If they do not care to take this as seriously as I do, then they can do it themselves.
Very frustrating...

No comments: